Tuesday, August 20, 2013

A Decade...uh...WHAT?!

My sweet little baby girl turned 10 this year.

no, no, no, no, no...that's a typo...

10?!?!?!?!

THAT IS A DECADE

THAT IS DOUBLE DIGITS

THAT IS COMPLETLEY......depressing.

*moment of silence whilst I sob*
I will continue to try and type through the pain and agony I feel at this moment in time.

My little beauty has been nothing but a beacon of light in my life. What a lovely blessing and example she is to me every day.

We started her day off with her favorite breakfast: Scrambled eggs with peppers and onions, bacon, and strawberries with whipped cream.
Being that I'm truly that lamest mother in the whole world- I then made her go to school.

For months upon months before her birthday she kept telling me she wanted a pink stripe in her hair. Every time she asked I would simply reply "ask for your birthday" thinking surely by the time her birthday came around she would have forgotten (The girl makes thousands of birthday lists every year)

However....that was the one thing that remained on her silly little list. ugh. So sure enough--one of her gifts was to get a pink stripe (I justified it because the coming month was National Breast Cancer Awareness month).  Well-Auntie Jessiy showed up just in time for us to convince to get a pink stripe too....then Zo wanted in on the action. So everyone got a pink stripe (Besides me--I had some sense still in my itty bitty brain).

I love my quirky 10 year old. I love her "isms" and her infectious laugh. I only hope that the next 10 years go by at a snails pace instead.



 
 
 

No comments: